Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Dual Purpose for My Orange Cap Today

Today is something like "Wear Orange if You Oppose Gun Violence Day" nationally and I am a smidge torn by the color selection. Orange, of course, is the University of Tennessee's color and for several recent years it has had a distinct anti-violence implication on the football field, a cause of some consternation for moi.

So, today, with the promise of UT's best team since 1999 ahead in the fall, I will don the orange Nike cap with the power T on the front to serve a double purpose: melt guns and beat 'Bama, Florida, Georgia and nine--or 10 or 11, depending on playoffs--other football opponents in 2016.

I will remain strongly in favor of any gun law that helps reduce violence and if wearing my UT cap today will help, I will certainly do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment