Friday, April 29, 2016

A Tale of Cell Calls and Pizza Delivery (at the Cove)

Cathy returns a call from the middle of Carvin's Cove.
I've seen a lot of stuff in the many times I've put my kayak into Carvin's Cove in Roanoke, but there were two new views today.

First, as Cathy Dick and I put our boats into the water, I watched a pizza delivery guy walking back toward me on the pier with his warming bag. He had just delivered a pizza (large, extra cheese) to a guy in a fishing boat. "It was a first for me, too," said the pizza guy.

About 15 minutes later as Cathy and I paddled toward a distant point on the lake, she stopped, said, "I think I need to take this" and proceeded to pull her cell from deep inside a dry bag on the bow of her boat. She talked for a couple of minutes, smiled and said, "Sorry." I knew she was. But, hey, it's the modern world and I am but a visitor. I don't think my phone will get a signal at the Cove, but I don't take it with me, so I can't say for sure.

Pizza dude getting ready to leave the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment