Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Celebrating the Allure of Older Women

Mary Ann Holland is 58 and lovely.
There is a photo essay on HuffingtonPost today that celebrates the sexiness of older women and I'm here to tell you that it's spot-on. (I am probably going to get killed for posting this, but I like older--and yes, old--women, dammit!)

I'm 70 and I have been old for more than 15 years, going out with age-appropriate women and getting to know many of them well. The lure of youth is not their lure, but it is equally strong, equally attractive, and far, far more satisfying in the long run.

Anne Rosenberg is 59. Alluring.
Here is the link. Judge for yourself, though the problem with this photo essay is that it doesn't get beyond the aesthetic. We'll be satisfied with that for now, though, because it has always been under-appreciated.

I can tell you first-hand that older women understand men so much better than younger women do and they tolerate us much better, even embracing some of our faults. They know how to charm, entertain and how to be a friend, lover and buddy.

Their physical appearance--and it is as varied as that of their younger sisters--becomes secondary after a while and what I thought of as "old lady features" many years ago become quite attractive. I love gray hair, for example, and pretty eyes are pretty eyes at 10 or at 60. So long as the sparkle is there.

I have photographed a number of older women and I love doing it. Let's celebrate these lovely people and let's not make it a one-time thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment